Little knowledge about plastics.

Brife introduction

三角标.jpgEach plastic container has a number at the bottom (it's a triangle with an arrow, and there's a number in it).


"1 "PET is often used in mineral water bottles, soda bottles and so on.

Use: heat resistant to 65 ℃, resistant to cold - 20 ℃, only suitable for the warm drink or beverage, hot liquids, or heating is easy to deformation, have RongChu harmful substances. And the scientists found that after 10 months of plastic 1, it could release the carcinogen DEHP, which is toxic to the testicles.

Therefore, the beverage bottle is used up and discarded, no longer used as a water cup, or used as storage containers for other items, so as not to cause health problems.

Note: the beverage bottle is not recycled with hot water. You can't bask in the car; Don't pack alcohol, oil, etc.


"2 "HDPE is often used for cleaning products and bathing products.

Use: can be reused after careful cleaning, but these containers are usually not easy to clean, leaving the original cleaning products and becoming a hotbed of bacteria. You'd better not recycle them. Do not use it as a water cup, or use it as a storage container for other items.

Note: it is difficult to clean thoroughly and recommend not to recycle.


"3 "PVC is often used: common raincoat, building materials, plastic film, plastic box, etc. Rarely used in food packaging.

Use: this material is flexible and cheap, so it is very popular. When only 81 ℃ heat resistant, high temperature easy to produce harmful substances, even in the process of manufacturing will release toxic substances. If the food enters the body, it may cause breast cancer, birth defects and other diseases. The containers for this material are already less used in packaged foods. If you use it, don't let it get hot. Difficult to clean and residues, do not recycle. Don't buy drinks if you have them.

Note: do not use in food packaging.


"4 "LDPE is often used in plastic film, plastic film and so on.

Use: heat resistance is not strong, in general, qualified PE cling film in the hot melt phenomenon occurs when temperature over 110 ℃, can leave some of the human body cannot decompose plastic preparation. The fats in food also readily dissolve the harmful substances in the plastic wrap. Therefore, the food is placed in the microwave oven, first to remove the wrapped plastic wrap. At high temperature, harmful substances are produced, and poisonous substances may cause diseases such as breast cancer and birth defects after entering the body with food.

Note: use the microwave to heat, and don't wrap the food in plastic wrap.


"No. 5" is commonly used for: soybean milk bottle, yogurt bottle, fruit juice beverage bottle, microwave oven lunch box.

Use: common as high as 167 ℃, melting point into the microwave oven is the only safe plastic box, can be reused after careful cleaning. Need to pay special attention to, and some of the microwave oven, the box body is on 5 PP manufacturing (microwave special PP high temperature 120 ℃, low temperature resistant - 20 ℃), but the cost is high, the lid is generally not using a dedicated PET manufacturing PP but with no. 1, because PET cannot be affected by high temperature, so can't together with the box body into the microwave oven. To be on the safe side, the container is put in the microwave oven, remove the lid first.

Note: remove the lid when you put it in the microwave.


"No. 6 "PS is often used in: bowls filled with instant noodle boxes and fast food boxes.

Use: heat and cold, but not into the microwave oven, so as not to release chemicals due to high temperature (70 ℃ when the release of heat-resistant). And it can't be used for strong acid (such as orange juice) and strong alkaline substances, because it can break down the bad polystyrene, which can cause cancer. As a result, you should avoid packing hot food in the fast food box.

Note: don't microwave a bowl of instant noodles.


The "7 "PC is used in other classes: kettles, water cups, and bottles.

Use: A widely used material, especially in A bottle, is controversial because it contains bisphenol A. Associate professor of biology and chemistry, city university of Hong Kong han-hua Lin said that in theory, as long as in the process of production of PC, bisphenol A hundred into plastic structure, then said products without bisphenol A, not to mention release. However, if A small amount of bisphenol A is not converted into A PC's plastic structure, it may be released into food or drink. Therefore, be careful when using this plastic container.

Cleaning measures against bisphenol A.

The remaining bisphenol A in PC, the higher the temperature, the more release, the faster the speed. Therefore, you should not use A PC water bottle to hold hot water to avoid increasing the speed and concentration of bisphenol A(if any). If your kettle has a number of 7, the following methods reduce the risk:

1.Do not heat when used.

2.Don't use the dishwasher or the dishwasher to clean the kettle.

3.Don't let the kettle shoot straight in the sun.

4.Wash with baking soda and water before use for the first time, and dry naturally at room temperature. Because bisphenol A will release more during the first use and long-term use.

5.If there are any falls or breaks in the container, it is recommended to stop using them, because the surface of the plastic products can easily hide bacteria if there is a slight pit pattern.

6.Avoid repeated use of aging plastic appliances.